Random thoughts of a happily married crossdresser living in Las Vegas

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A brief essay on coming out

  1. Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1 NKJV)
    I spent half a lifetime hating myself, hiding in fear, losing friendships, girlfriends, and even a job once. I just got tired of it. I tired of hiding in my house waiting for the neighbors to go inside so I could go shopping. I got tired of people "loving" me on Monday, but despising me on Tuesday because I wore a dress Monday night. Really? Were my relationships really that shallow and fragile?

    A funny thing happened when I made the decision to love myself. I stopped hiding. I no longer lost relationships. I gained new ones; stronger ones. I had incredible experiences. I learned to love my life. Why did I wait so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment